Friday, May 12, 2023

Present with the Lord

"God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying.... for the former things are passed away." Revelation 21:4


Have you lost a loved one in your life? A mother, father, sister, friend?

Eleven years ago I had said good bye to two women who had a huge impact and influence on my life.  My dear Mother in Love took the hand of Jesus and left her earthly body to walk the streets of gold. She was one of the most giving and gracious ladies I have ever known. It had been a sorrowful tear filled few days, but we rejoiced in knowing that she is not in pain anymore and praising God that her faith has been made sight and that she is with her Savior.

Then a few days later,  my husband's aunt joined her sister in law as she too left us to reside with Jesus. And although we were not blood relatives, she stepped into my life at a time when I was grieving the sudden loss of my own mother. She has been a substitute mother, a grandmother to my children, a friend, a mentor, a beautiful example of how to love people wholly and unconditionally.

Few of us have the privilege of knowing one person in our lives who sets a course of integrity and honor and who fills you up with their unwavering love. I have been blessed to know and love two such women.

Absent from the body

Present with the Lord





0 comments: