Monday, August 21, 2023

Call me crazy?

 Call me crazy!!?!?  Well maybe just a little.

Thanks for stopping by. I'm participating in the Call Me Crazy hop hosted by MooseStash Quilting.

For years I would save the selvages off of my fabric.


I had bags of cut off selvages that I was sure I would make into a project inspired by Karen Griska and her blog. 

So what did I make that is a little bit crazy?  Making projects from these little strips of selvages has been a little bit crazy for me.

I started small with a pin cushion....

Then I thought I would make a garment...


Then I couldn't resist making a bag....

Although not made from selvages, the craziest thing I ever made was this little man....

Made from the cuff of a man's shirt, he makes me laugh every time I see him.

Thank you Joan for the challenge. Be sure to visit the other participants of Call Me Crazy blog hop!


Monday August 21

MooseStashQuilting

Selina Quilts

Quilting Gail

Just Because Quilts

Words & Stitches

 

Tuesday August 22

Karrin’s Crazy World

Scrapdash

Inflorescence

VroomansQuilts

Happy Cottage Quilter

 

Wednesday August 23

 Den syende himmel

Just Sew Quilter

Ms P Designs USA

Quilted Snail

MooseStashQuilting Guest Post

 

Thursday August 24

Just Let Me Quilt

BeaQuilter

Stitching Farm Girl

 Days Filled with Joy

 

Have a great quilting day!

18 comments:

Danice G said...

Your selvedges work is really creative. 'Love the little shirt cuff pin keep! Very cute.

Elizabeth Coughlin said...

Your selvage projects are crazy-impressive! I wouldn't be brave enough to try to work with those thin pieces.

Turid said...

I love selvages, and you made so many fun thing with them. Thanks for new ideas.

Calicojoan said...

Oh my goodness I have a huge ceramic crock full of selvages just waiting for me to do something with them. It's my "one of these days" projects! That apron is so darn cute. But that pinny from a mans shirt cuff. He has me smiling from ear to ear!

Carol said...

Neat selvedge projects! And that "cuff" pincushion is adorable. Thanks for sharing!

tink's mom said...

I've never done anything with selvedges beyond giving them away. What a great set of examples of what can be done with them by a crazy person. And your cuff man is priceless. MY first smile of the day, and I'm sure it will bring many more smiles

Denise :) said...

What fun! I love the apron! But the mug warmer out of the shirt cuff is wonderful! I love that kind of out-of-the-box stitching!! :)

Carol Swift said...

I've always thought it was crazy to save selvedges, but you managed to make them into some lovely projects. They all look amazing! That little guy made out of shirt is definitely crazy looking, but so cute. Thanks for sharing you craziness with us, Jocelyn!

Charlene McCain said...

Love your selvedge edge projects! I must start saving mine. I am always so impressed by the way they look in quilting projects. And your little cuff man is adorable!

Inflorescencedesigns said...

Such a clever idea to use the cuff of a sleeve! Thanks for sharing all your crazy projects.

Sharon said...

Very nice! I've not saved selvedges, but your projects are inspiring enough to make me want to begin doing that too.

LJ said...

You really aren't crazy - too much. I, also, save selvages; I'm so glad to see all that you created. They are crazy wonderful. I'm especially crazy about the apron!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

My friend made several things with her selvedges. I just inherited her selvage bag (similar to yours) and her selvedge stash. I like the 'cuff' man. He is cute!

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Now those are crazy clever projects! Love them!! xx

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I've made several selvedge projects, but adore that apron! What a cute idea to use those cuffs as well.

Raewyn said...

Haha I love your Crazy Cuff Pincushion - what a fun idea. And your selvedge sewing is great too, I've saved some, but not yet sewn with them.

Linda said...

Nice work! The bag is especially appealIng.

Quilting Gail said...

Thanks for sharing all your projects! I really like the selvedge bag and the cuff pin cushion!