Thursday, August 3, 2023

Second Hand Shopping

 



Several years ago the Sunday paper had an article titled "Secrets of Secondhand Shopping" by Carmen Wong Ulrich. With thrifting being the current rage, she had some pointers about finding the best deals.

Well, if you have been thrifting for a while, you know all the pointers. But I had never heard of narts.org  (The National Association of Resale and Thrift Shops) website before. It lists many thrift stores around the country. She also listed shopgoodwill.com . Even the government has a website at govdeals.com .  In our area we also have a link for Garage Sales

It makes for a happy thriftin' week! You just never know what treasure you might find :-)

1 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I've been an avid thrift store shopper since long before it was 'cool'. I've even found lovely quilts for $4-8 dollars. I live in an area where people get rid of high end clothes (some with the original tags still on them) so I'm lucky.