Thursday, October 24, 2013

Simplicity

"Our life is frittered away by detail. 
                 Simplify, simplify, simplify!"
                                   (Henry David Thoreau)

I've always been a simple quilter.  I like the order of straight lines.  I also like to show off the beauty of fabric.




I fell in love with the focal fabric and pulled out the colors that surrounded the paisley print.



The colors are not true in these pictures, but I do think this is one of the prettiest quilts that I've made. The pattern?  Just Can't Cut It.

A lot of my machine quilting is done with my walking foot.  I find I can manage my quilt with the walking foot.  With a little bit of free motion on the borders.



Nothing very fancy, just enough to add interest to the borders.




15 comments:

Angie said...

I can see why you couldn't cut the paisley fabric---I wouldn't be able to either; and I think the pattern you used is perfect to showcase it. :)

andsewon said...

Very pretty! Wonderful pattern to show off that lovely fabric.

moosecraft said...

Simply beautiful!

QuiltSue said...

I can see why you couldn't cut that fabric. It's lovely.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I like the colours in this quilt and the pattern is simple enough to never tire of it. The border is different from what I normally see, I really like it.
Judith

Peg said...

That is a beautiful quilt well done, I love simplicity too, I like to see the quilts which have been intricately put together but I'd be afraid of using it.
Thanks for sharing.
Peg xx

Barbara said...

It's beautiful. Sometimes straight lines are exactly right.

CitricSugar said...

Very pretty. What a lovely way to show off that paisley!

Heidi [Banks of Frog Creek] said...

I love simplicity as well. Your quilt is beautiful!

sherryberrybim said...

I love the fabrics in your quilt. I am a simple quilter too. I admire intricately quilted items but I like a quilt to be comfy and snuggly not stiff with quilting. Maybe it's just sour grape since I can't afford a long armer : )

Paula said...

Beautiful fabrics! I too think simple is better.

Lynette said...

You know what, when you have a gorgeous fabric, less is very often more! Very nice quilt. I love the striped fabric for the border around the focal and supporting pieces.

Sewing Mom said...

I like simple too...mostly because I feel I can accomplish it! I don't like spending a long while on anything...it overwhelms me...I want to finish. =) Lovely fabrics and the quilt looks great.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Simple is always beautiful and seeing your stripe.....reminded me that I have that in my stash! Wonderful quilt, thanks for sharing.
Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

Millie said...

Love your quilt, simplicity is always good. I like simple quilts too. :)