Monday, October 7, 2013

The glorious colors of Autumn

Living in Florida, there are no beautiful fall colors that our northern neighbors enjoy.  But a couple of years ago I was visiting my friend who lives in the frozen north, and lavished in the colors of autumn.


My friend's house sits on a corner lot, which claims a beautiful view.



She lives near Amish Country, so we had to take in some of the scenery there.



Every street had a spectrum of Fall.


I live in the land of sunsets, but how could you not drink in this gorgeous display.


And this is my favorite picture.  It was taken in the backyard of a Quilt shop in Charm.  


It almost looks like a postcard, doesn't it??

A little stroll down memory lane for me, but a lovely reminder of the glorious colors of Autumn.

Happy Quilting.

8 comments:

regan said...

What a nice stoll! Thanks for all the beautiful pics!

When I moved to Maine, my friend used to say that I was living in the 'frozen tundra'! LOL

Tea said...

It looks unreal, so peaceful and beautiful.

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

Oh my goodness, I loved all those pictures. So beautiful and serene. I just wanted to tell you that I finally put up a post, and while doing so I noticed a few people had left comments for me that I never saw. Yours was one of them. Thank you so much for thinking of me in my absence. I am sad to hear about what your family has gone through, and I hope that all goes well from here on in! So nice of you to check in on me!
Hugs,
Julie

Unknown said...

Don't know how you do it living in Florida. I was born there. Lived there for 21 years. Couldn't wait to escape north;)

luv2quilt2 said...

My very favorite quilt shop is in Charm. I really want to go after seeing your lovely pictures.

Kindred Quilts said...

I love seeing the beauty of Autumn in other areas of the country... and since I can't see them in person, I appreciate all the wonderful pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Denise :) said...

Quite a few postcards in your post, my friend! We're not seeing any fall color yet, but I don't imagine it will be too very long!! Hugs! :)

NanaNor's said...

Love these photos. I do miss the vibrant color of fall in Ca.(also in the east); here we have the golden yellows and oranges but no purples or reds adorning the leaves. Thanks for sharing!
Hugs, Noreen