Wednesday, April 20, 2022

The best present

This year has been off  to a rough start. Started out hurting my back. Then had a UTI!  When I went to the walk in for antibiotic, I'm sure I picked up Covid from the nurse or something there. Because three days later I came down with it. And now I'm dealing with broken bone in my shoulder. 

So when my birthday rolled around I was wallowing in a good case of "woe is me." No cards, no presents........... Just feeling sorry for myself.

Sunday I was not able to attend the Easter family gathering. I just moped around the house when my hubby and daughter went to the picnic.

But then you know what happened? People started texting me saying that they missed me and had been praying for my recovery :-)  It was such a good feeling that they cared enough to let me know. 

It was the best present that anyone could give.


7 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

8-))) I LOVED your post today ... yes, I'm fairly familiar with your "woe is me" syndrome. But recently, after wanting to just stay home after my series of unpleasantnesses, people who I don't even know are telling me, "We were praying for you", and "Hope you're feeling better" etc. "WE" , not even "I"! I was planning to avoid quilt-y gatherings, just too much trouble, but now I realize people are hoping that I'm feeling more cheerful, capable, etc. And I want them to see I AM doing OK, thanks to their prayers and/or concern and/or generally having a positive attitude and eternal hopefulness. Guess it happens to a lot of us, doesn't it? Hang in there - you'll get to feeling better and your shoulder will heal. 8-))))

Jayne Honnold said...

Hope you are feeling better! Maybe the next stretch of months will be lots more fun!

Darlene S said...

You are in the hearts of many more than you may realize. Sadly, we don't always let you know. Big hug and I hope you continue to heal and have more happy days in the future. This certainly has not been a good year for you, but I do believe in my heart it will get better.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Well don't you just hate feeling like no one cares! It's easy to fall into that pit. I'm so glad you were told how much you mean to people.
xx, Carol

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I meant to miserate with you over all the bad happenings. Hopefully you are over that now! Concentrate on what you WANT to happen to get the good energy flowing.
xx, Carol

Donna said...

I enjoy reading your blog but I rarely comment. What a rough start you have had this year! Hope you are better soon!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

You have had a rough year. I just went thru and read lots of your blog posts to find out what happened to you (I've been behind on blog reading since before Christmas). I hope and pray that the rest of the year goes much better for you.