Thursday, September 21, 2023

Helpful tip

 Here is a helpful tip that I picked up from Christa Quilts while watching her tutorial on Herringbone Quilts.

"Use up your left over bobbins, especially if they are cotton, when you are piecing a colorful Scrappy quilt."

Whenever I ran out of bobbin thread, I would always stop, unthread my machine and wind a couple of bobbins. Even though I use Bobbin thread, which tends to go for longer miles, I had never thought about using up the leftover bobbin thread. Now, maybe I am late on this tip, but I really like that I can use up bobbin thread and just keep sewing. 

The bobbin thread that I have been using and like the most is The Bottom Line.

 I have also used Sulky Bobbin thread and Madera. I find that I can sew for so much longer using these top quality Bobbin threads. And who doesn't want to just keep sewing :-)



2 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I keep lots of bobbin colors so when I need to stitch something (usually something small) in that color, I'm ready to go, no bobbin winding. I have my bobbins sorted by class (class 15 , class 66/99, Featherweight/301) so that I just grab the bag with the correct bobbins and I'm ready to go.

Helenchaffin said...

This is interesting,I've never heard of nor seen bobbin thread 🤔I shall have to investigate 😅