Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Birthday pleasures

A few weeks ago, I celebrated my birthday. I thought I would share a few of my gifts.

A friend of mine made a plastic bag holder for me. I was really needing one to handle the bags that were multiplying in the cupboard. Only a quilter would make a plastic bag holder out of toile. I love it!

A new friend, who lives way up in Wisconsin, sent this to me.





She made this from a beautiful saucer and candlestick. I have seen a few of these around, and think they are such a clever way of using a piece of beautiful china that has lost it's mate. Great for candy or a candle, or whatever your hearts desire.











My youngest son ordered this online and had it sent to me. Isn't it just the prettiest little picture? I love Sandy Lynam Clough's artwork, and this one has the Bible verse from Proverbs 31:28.
Great job for a teen, huh?

My oldest son took me out to dinner and then handed me an envelope with a lovely card. Inside the card was this -


The gift that keeps on giving. Need I say more?

7 comments:

Abby and Stephanie said...

Happy Belated Birthday. You son knowws you well I guess! What a thoughtful gift.

Kim said...

Hi Jocelyn,

I was thrilled to see your comment on my blog and to know that you are interested in joining in the fun of Teacup Tuesdays. I will make sure I add you to my list and I will include a link to your beautiful blog in my Teacup Tuesday post next week. Can't wait to see your collection of teacups.

I love the pretty and very creative candlestick with the saucer on top that your friend sent you. You are right. That is a great way to repurpose something old into something new.

Hope you have a fabulous week!!

Kim

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Happy Belated Birthday. Looks like you received lots of nice treasures.

Sara said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Great gifts you received!

Crispy said...

Happy Birthday Jocelyn!! Great gifts, I love the candy/candle dish and your sons put a lot of thought into their gifts...they obviously love their mommy LOL.

Crispy

Val said...

I would say that you had a wonderful birthday! You are blessed! Happy birthday!

Micki said...

Happy Birthday and what a lovely one you had!
Micki