Friday, April 3, 2009

Sunflowers and tulips

Spring time is all about flowers. Exploding with color, they bring the renewal of life to the earth. I love to see buds appearing on the trees and plants as they are ready to pop open with their springtime greeting. I love to inhale the fragrant smells of new blooms.

This is what greeted me this morning at the breakfast table.


Such sweet beautiful tulips. And as I was talking on the phone with my BFF, the doorbell rang and this appeared....


My dear sweet husband, who is out of town today, sent me this incredible bouquet of flowers.


Now what would warrant this showering of flowers today?? Well it is a day that only comes once a year. A day we all enjoy celebrating with our family and friends. It is a day we like to kick up our heels and dream about soaking our toes in a spa somewhere and leave all of the daily grind behind.

What day is that?

Why my birthday, of course :-)

Have a wonder filled day.............

8 comments:

Crispy said...

Awww how sweet of him. My DH has actually remembered, all by himself, my birthday a total of 5 times in 32 years. Good thing he's a keeper in other ways LOL.

Happy Birthday!!!

Crispy

Kaaren said...

Happy birthday and many happy returns. He's definitely a keeper if he remembered your birthday and sent you that wonderful bouquet of flowers.

While reading some of your latest posts, I just wanted to mention that I have a "green glass basket" as well. They are from the depression era and are known as bride's baskets. Right now, mine is filled with glass Easter eggs but I too fill it with potpourri from time to time.

I hope your day is SPECIAL!

Sunshine said...

Happy Birthday!!! Tulips are one of my favourite flowers, hope you get lots of joy out of them and the beautiful mixed bouquet as well!

Cheers,
Christine

Unknown said...

So sweet. It's the surprise, isn't it? Just opening the door and there it is...Bliss!

Brenda said...

Hope your birthday was Grand.
Brenda

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

Happy Birthday, Love your blog!!! And those flowers are just beautiful!!

Cindy said...

Happy B-day, Jocelyn. What wonderful colors to feast your eyes on.

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Happy Birthday to you! What beautiful flowers. Have a good day.