Wednesday, April 1, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things.......

There are a few things that I have a weakness towards. Hearts, tea cups, fabric, pretty dishes and baskets...... I love baskets. I have quite a few around our cottage. We use them to hold all sorts of things.

I found a little basket at the thrift store one day. It was very reasonably priced, and I loved the colorful little stripe that runs through it. It was the perfect size for Easter eggs.



It is just the right size for the little bunny. She is holding her little Easter basket which is actually one that my son made from clay many years ago.

This basket belonged to my Mom. I can remember she would lay a napkin inside and serve bread in it when I was a little girl. It has a plastic type rim around the top. It is very fragile so I display it on a rack in my kitchen.





This is an old wire basket. It is such a fun looking basket.


I don't know if it is terribly old, but I have enjoyed the cute shape.

I found this adorable shabby chic white basket today at Target.


Of course I had to fill it with sweet treats.

We have so many baskets that are filled with magazines, books, yarn, even soaps and lotions.

But I think my very favorite basket is not really a basket at all.

2 comments:

Days and colors said...

What a lovely collection of baskets! I really like the one for the Easter eggs, but the wire basket is also unique!

pitbull said...

Hi. I found your blog through Darci's Stitches and Scissors "Spread the Love Giveaway". I don't have the array of baskets that you do, but I do have a glass basket just like yours. Except mine is pink. My parents got it as a wedding present in 1929. I love it dearly. I also have 5 handmade baskets from Alabama that I keep my quilting material in. Just thought I'd let you know Ill be reading your blog from now on. Elaine, from Salt Lake City, Utah. epitworth@gmail.com