Saturday, April 4, 2009

A is for Apron

I have been thinking, and pondering, and figuring, and wondering about making a vintage type apron. I use an apron when I cook, but the only full size apron that I have is a red and green plaid which looks very Christmasy. As I am not a garment sewer, I was thinking about the investment of time and fabric. I am very protective of my fabric.

So today, when my dear daughter and I were out and about on a shopping jaunt, I found this pretty little thing......


Now I know it is not really a vintage apron, but I just fell in love with the bright cheery flowers. The apron has a nice little scalloped edge that could easily pass as an apron from the past. The really wonderful part was that this little apron cost less then 1 1/2 yards of fabric.

My fabric have all sighed a sigh of relief, and they are safe once again.

9 comments:

Crispy said...

Oh that is a pretty apron and I actually thought vintage when I saw it. If you have any antique malls near you, there are often linens and aprons for really good prices.

Crispy

angelabe said...

Ciao, sono passata a visitare il tuo blog. Complimenti

Cindy said...

LOL, As soon as I saw the photot, I thought it was Vintage, too, Crispy!

Great apron, Jocelyn. And, trust me, I KNOW aprons - and LOVE aprons.

Can you believe it - I'm thinking about which one to sew up next. But - I have so many other things to be working on as well.

Unknown said...

My grandmother used to have one that she just put it over her head. It was crossed at the back, but very roomy. I loved that style of apron on her.
I love the one you made, so practical. I must get one made for the cottage too.

Lindsey said...

Very Nice! You know I love aprons...that one is especially lovely. I'm posting one this week. Hope all is well in the kitchen!

Micki said...

It's a beautiful apron and what a find!
Micki

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

You found a treasure, I love vintage aprons and can just see them in the kitchen years ago.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

What a lovely apron you found...I make aprons, and I have a collection of vintage ones that I never wear!...Take care, Katie

Anonymous said...

Your apron may not be vintage now but in 25 years it will be. :) Wear it in good health and pass it along when the time comes for the next owner to cherish as vintage.

Judy