Thursday, April 16, 2009

Gratefulness


There are bloggers who write posts about being grateful. So I was thinking about some of the things I am most grateful for......

I am grateful for each new day that the Lord gives me. It is certainly a gift. I am to celebrate life and use the day in a worthy way.

I am grateful for a dear sweet husband who has been my faithful companion and friend for over 30 years.

I am grateful for three precious children, which the Lord gave to us. There are others waiting in heaven that I look forward to meeting one day.

I am grateful for family and friends who enrich my life and encourage me in my daily walk.

I am grateful for spring, and all that it represents. New life, a renewal of the earth. The fresh smells of rain and flowers.

I am grateful for the new friends that I have made via this blog. What an incredible array of inspiration you share with me.

But I am most grateful for a free gift. It is the gift that was given to me when I realized that I have done wrong things and I fall short of standing before a righteous God. God reached out to me and wants me to be His child. The promise of eternal life is the best gift of all! All you have to do is accept Christ as your Savior and believe in Him. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16). "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith, and it is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God." (Ephesians 2:8)

That surely is the best gift ever! And I am very grateful.

0 comments: