Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A Happy Stroll

On Saturday, my dear daughter and I went to a little town north of us. We decided that we would do a little antique hunting.

I planned the trip on this particular day because the one and only quilt store in town was having a sale!! Yea!
What fun it was to plunder through this little quilt shop. It was wall to wall quilters. I was in need of a thimble, and of course wanted to check out any new fabric that might have needed a new home. As the line stretched through the shop to have fabric cut, I decided that a few little fat quarters would do just as well.

We headed to the antique shops for an afternoon of browsing. I have found some real treasures at bargain prices in the past. But on this day, my daughter came away with this precious little tea cup and saucer. Isn't it sweet? A genuine Wedgewood cup and saucer!

I found this little demitasse cup and saucer at the same shop.As we strolled through the little town, we came upon a little shop with this charming resprite.

Makes you just want to sit and watch the world go by.


At least until the quilt shop has another sale :-)


Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

dream quilt create said...

I recently moved to Florida and have not been able to find a good quilt shop. I live in Ocala. Where was the shop with the sale?

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Love the tea cups. My mom used to have a huge collection of them. She is still partial to tea cups but does not collect them any more,now that she is in the antique business.

Crispy said...

Oh I love prowling in antique shops. I almost never buy anything but could spend hours looking.

Crispy

Betsy said...

I frequent this shop and this town often. It is a quaint town and I enjoy eating at the eateries, antiquing and of course shopping at the quilt shop. They have the best sales.

Rhondi said...

What a lovely day you had with your daughter. The tea cups are beautiful. I especially love the wedgewood one. Too bad the lines were so long at the quilt shop. It must have been a great sale!
Hugs, Rhondi

Fresh Poppy Design said...

Thanks for commeneting on my blog! Love the cute shop you found.

Allie said...

Lovely shop! I really want that bench, lol.

Sand and Sunshine said...

What a delightful shop, and to have your daughter to enjoy it with, sounds like great fun.