Monday, April 13, 2009

Isn't She Lovely?

I just love this sweet little girl! I found this tinplate picture at a gift shop last week. Who could not fall in love with the sweetness of the little round innocent face. The envelope says "To Mama" which just melted my heart. Just makes you want to scoop her up in your arms and love on her. She is hanging above my sewing machine table, and I so enjoy looking at those precious eyes.

On the same day, I found these delectable fabrics.........

White POLKA DOTS!!!! I just about fainted when I found this fabric. So yummy. And the other pieces took me away too. The front piece is from the new Fig Tree collection "Patisserie". Polka dots and roses, what a combination.

Hope you are having a happy quilting day! I've got a project in the works, and the figuring is making me a little crazy :-)

7 comments:

Anna said...

what a sweetie pie....I love the old prints of children

Anonymous said...

I love vintage images like this one. She's so sweet! Although the protective mother in me wants to get her down off of that trike she's standing on before she loses her balance and cracks her head open.. hehe Oh, and lovely fabrics too! x

Crispy said...

Awww isn't she the sweetest little girl!! She must be checking the mail for squishies LOL. Love the fabric too!!

Crispy

Judith Tetley said...

Oh yes she is adorable and so are your fabric choices. White polka dot...what a find!
I enjoyed a visit to your blog.
Kind Regards
Judith from Australia
www.creativestudio10.blogspot.com

Victoria Findlay Wolfe said...

great great fabrics! Don't ya just love a good fabric find! the dots are wonderful!

Lori Holt said...

I'm with you, I love polka dots & roses.
What sweet fabric. I hope your quilt math homework is done!

Mam said...

What beautiful fabric. Love your blog.