Monday, October 30, 2023

Woe is me...... again

 I recently watched a tutorial on YouTube by Erica Arndt on making simple Hot Pads.

I had some left over Christmas fabric that I thought would make a couple of cute ones. So I started by cutting a 10" piece of batting and adding the strips of fabric. But unfortunately, my machine decided that it was not going to cooperate and started giving me loops on the back. Frustrated, I pulled out my old Kenmore to finish the one I had started.

Truthfully I felt like crying, because my machine did the same thing a year ago. I was so disappointed that I could not even finish a simple project like this. I have a couple of quilts that need quilting, but will now have to wait until I can get my machine repaired. The Bernina store does not open until Wednesday, which means I will need to wait two days before I can even take it there. Sigh..... 

                                      Needle and  Thread Thursday  
                       
                                      Sew and Tell

                                      Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?

                                      Finished or not Friday

                                      Peacock Party

5 comments:

FC Moore said...

Trying threading again. Are you using a walking foot? I have a Bernina.

JustGail said...

Bummer about the machine, but Yay for having a backup on hand. Your hot pad turned out very nice, great use for some scraps.

Melva said...

I'm so sorry for your frustration. I hope that the machine repair is quick and easy so that you can get to your quilts. Thank you for sharing your project in Sew & Tell.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Sorry. I'm having problems with the machine I inherited from my friend. No matter what I do, the tension is off. Good luck getting your machine fixed quickly.

Tina K said...

Use your Kenmore. I have a Kenmore from 1970 that still works better then my 1985 Singer and my new Janome.