Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Happy Teacup Tuesday

Well here we are once again at Teacup Tuesday. Kim has been the gracious hostess and she would love to have you visit her blog.

My offering today is not quite as fancy as some, but it is just as special to me.


My sweet daughter gave me a set of these FireKing cups and saucers for Christmas last year. She found them on ebay, and they are in perfect condition. I had never seen this pattern before, so it was a very delightful addition to my cups and saucer collection.

A few months ago we were browsing in an antique shop and I spied this sugar and creamer set. It's so fun to be able to add serving pieces to the 6 cups and saucers that I already have.

Please stop by Shabby Pink and Pretty and let Kim know that you are enjoying these lovely Teacup Tuesday blogs.

12 comments:

Crispy said...

I love fire king stuff. I have some glass containers with glass lids and I have been on the look out for a green batter pitcher for ages....I'll find one yet.

Crispy

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I think those tea cups would be lovely in the fall with some spiced tea!!!

Pat

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I always liked that sort of glassware. Is it Carnival glass?

Katie said...

Oh, yes yes yes, how beautiful! Just right for the warm cozy holidays! I can just see these in with the Thanksgiving goodies! What a lovely set!

Loralynn said...

How different! They look opalecent. Very pretty!

Nanette said...

Very pretty. I like how the light bounces off of them! Thanks for coming by my blog by way of Kim's. Millie's really is a cute little shop. The address is 13210 Boyette Road, Riverview, FL 33569, phone #813-681-8822. It is in a little strip mall with Subway in it.
Valerie

andsewon said...

Pretty!!! DH's grand parents had some of this color dishes they received on thier 50th many moons ago. My MIL did not want any of it so sadly we have none but other cousins do.
What a sweet daughter you have to buy you this set!!!
Hugs!

Kim said...

Lovely!! What a wonderful and thoughtful gift to have received from your daughter. I've never seen those FireKing pieces before. All the other ladies who posted before me are right. They would be perfect for a fall/ thanksgiving tea.

Allie said...

How lovely! Makes me want to come over for tea!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

What a pretty set of dishes! Oh, yes, I can see them at Thanksgiving on a beautifully set table. Enjoy them!

Debbie

Bunny said...

Sorry I missed you on Tuesday I do love your pretty teacup so very different. I remember the brand fire king from years ago.

Susan said...

Those are very pretty teacups and what a great match on the sugar bowl and creamer.