Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Once upon a time.......

I used to love to read fairy tales. Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Rapunzel. What little girl doesn't dream of "happily ever after"?

....... Once upon a time, in a land far away, there lived a little girl who had a dream. It was a big dream, because she did not know that dreams could come true. She lived in a big city, where lots of people lived, but felt all alone. She had a sweet mother, who worked hard and loved the little girl very much.

One day the Mother decided to move back to her home. So the little girl and her Mother moved to a place of tropical paradise. The little girl went to school and worked to help her Mother.

Then came a day when she met a handsome young Prince. At first it was a road paved with gravel and stone. There were highs and lows, up and downs.


The little girl did not have an earthly father to talk to, so she talked with her Heavenly Father. It was a troublesome time for the little girl, as she came to this crossroad. But she asked her Father to help her. She had such a peace knowing that He would direct her towards the right path.




The handsome young Prince was also at a crossroad. But in time they both came to understand the meaning of .........................











Do fairy tales come true?? I really don't know. But I do know that in the providence of a loving God, I met a special man who has been the light of my life. We've walked together through the good times and the not so good. I've learned that genuine love has no expectations from those who are loved. Love is giving, not getting.

11 comments:

Rhondi said...

What a delightful story. Happy anniversary!
Hugs, Rhondi

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Me too. I have a good husband and we have been through a lot in our years. I wish more people would realize "Love is GIVING, not getting" Don't you think there would be more happy people in the world if they trusted in God?

blushing rose said...

Jocelyn, that is so sweet & loving ... AND, so true. I agree with Kwiltmakr, Love IS giving, NOT getting.

Happy Anniversary to you & DH. What a happy sweet story with the perfect ending. TTFN ~Marydon

Barb said...

What a wonderful tale....

Val said...

This is so beautiful. I am also blessed to have a wonderful husband in my life. He even still opens doors for me after 31 years.

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Jocelyn, what a great post and I love stories with a happily ever after ending. It takes work from both ends and the giving not taking is very important and the most important is having God to turn to.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Susan said...

Oh, a love story...What a lovely post. Happy Anniversary!

Allie said...

Happy Anniversary! I love your love story.

Unknown said...

Jocelyn: You are such a romantic...lovely...Happy Anniversary.

Crispy said...

Happy Anniversary Jocelyn & Hubby (a day late, sorry). Happy ever after stories are wonderful...I know because I'm living one too.

Crispy

Amy Friend said...

How sweet and romantic too. I bet your husband loved readint it as well. Happy Anniversary! Ours is this week too (Saturday)!