Thursday, July 16, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

Over the weekend my dd and I visited some yard sales. Always fun, but hot during this time of year. It's also fun to check out the local thrift stores and find treasures there. Here are a few.......

My daughter found this beeee-u-tiful cake stand at a yard sale.

I love glass ware. It dresses up your table so elegantly.

I found this cute little guy at the thrift store. I was going to put him out in the garden, but I like him so much that I need to find a little spot to keep him out of the elements.

A few vintage sheets and linens.

We stopped at an Estate sale and I found this glass serving dish for $1. The lady said the basket went with it, but I really think it is prettier without the basket.

I love the twisted glass border. Very sweet and dainty.

A couple of weeks ago, our local Hospice Thrift store was having their 50% off day. I almost did not go (it was the holiday weekend) but decided I'd go and check it out. Was I ever glad that I did.

They had just put this little table on the floor. I thought the detail work was so pretty so I grabbed it up. It was marked $10, but I bought it for $5!

Don't you just love the detailed woodworking?

This spot works so well for a little basket my daughter gave me to keep magazines and books.


Add a tablecloth, a picture, a candle and some vintage books.

Happy thriftin'.

13 comments:

Anna said...

Your beautiful plate is Candlewick...I love that pattern.

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

I want everything you bought..CUTE TOES TOO..

Pat

Susan said...

Lucky duck...you find the best treasures!

Crispy said...

Another great haul at the thrift shops. Remember when we called flip flops, thongs? I made the mistake of saying that to my 8yo niece, she was horrified LOL.

Crispy

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Lovley thrifty purchases - I just adore those cake stands - haven't found one yet - but I will. Yours is especially pretty.

blushing rose said...

That tray does not! go with the plate it is definitely Candlewick & worth a good penny, Jocelyn. The cake stand is a bit up there in price also ... I can't tell if it is pressed glass or not but that is a very old pattern. Love the table, you painting it? WOW! You all did really good ... congrats & enjoy!! TTFN ~Marydon

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

My goodness, talk about bargains. You sure got them. Love the table. Glass ware seems so plentiful and it is so much nicer than the plastic today, makes you wonder why people get rid of it.

Allie said...

What lovely treasures!!!!!!!! Love that table, and the flip=flops!

Julia said...

Wow what treasures you attained. I want those vintage fabrics! The dish with the basket is better without. I was told once by a friend who knows her antiques that those beady borders made an item more valuable.

AverettLadyNana said...

Lucky Lucky Lucky You!!! I have a strong weakness for pretty glassware too! I think a girl can't have too many cake plates!!!

Dena said...

I wish I was as lucky as you when I browse our local yard sales and thrift shops. And imagine that... finding a pair of flip flops to match your painted toes!

Anonymous said...

You are on a roll with the shopping bargains arent you? You got some great things there. The flip flops are the best deal. Love the table and I like that dish without the basket too. It's so pretty as is the cakestand.

Rhonda said...

Wonderful thrifty finds!! I love the little table-I'm a bit envious of that one, and the cake stand! :)
I like your nice vintage sheets too, I found some at our thrift store sale this week and I enjoy sewing with them.
Thanks for sharing your finds.