Monday, July 13, 2009

What a weekend!

How long has it been since you went shopping with eight young people?? In the heat no less?? Saturday my daughter was going yard saleing with some of her friends. She asked me if I'd like to come along. We picked up three of her friends, and off we went. In and out of the car, in the heat, we made our way around the neighborhoods. Around noon we met up with the other girls and two other moms for lunch. What fun!

And, having a brand new IKEA store in town, it was decided that we would go check it out. I can't tell you how much fun it was to watch this group of girls move through this monster of a store.

This was a typical scene. There are seven of them here, all prodding through housewares. It was a most fun experience, laughing and excitement at every turn.

And of course there was lots of room designing going on. A few pictures were snapped to preserve a memory. I don't think we bought much merchandise, but it was a unanimous vote that everyone enjoyed the store.

Our family went on to a very special birthday party that evening.


Lots of hugs and well wishing to the man of the hour.

Accumulated ages are 357 years sitting together at the table. Brothers, sister, and wife. What incredible longevity.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes that were sent my way for my father in love. He is very deserving of each one of them.

Have a great day!

8 comments:

Helen said...

What a fun weekend you had! So nice of you to share your pictures.

Did you get a lot of good buys at the garage sales? I love going to garage/yard sales. So much fun!

Hope your week is as good as your weekend was.

Hugs

blushing rose said...

What a special fun weekend you had. And the party folks looked as if they are enjoying the birthday. TTFN~ Marydon

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Happy Birthday...wow that is some longevity.

Catching up on the blogs..

Pat

Allie said...

Well, any day at IKEA is a good day in my book, lol - combine it with garage sales and I'm in heaven! The cake looks yummy - and that is some incredible longevity!

Crispy said...

Oh yeah did the yard sale thing with my niece and her friends, thank goodness is was a community thing and only covered a few streets so no driving. 8-9 year old girls are so silly, I'm sure I was never like that LOL.

Isn't Ikea a fabulous store. I could spend hours in there.

Crispy

Amy Friend said...

I need to get to an IKEA store someday. Everyone talks about them and I feel left out! I don't think that there is one very close by though, maybe an hour or more away.

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Glad the birthday party was a good one. The Ikea store, I have been to their site a few times but never near a store. Glad you had a good weekend.

Shirley said...

Your weekend sounds like it was a lot of fun. The younger ones can wear me out but it sure is fun spending time with them. We have a few things we've bought from IKEA. The store isn't too far from us. Of course at our ages we have mostly all we need so no need to go buy more "stuff".