Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Jackpot!

I needed to return some things to the library today. It was the last day I could keep them. So I headed out and made a couple of stops along the way. Even stopped at Sam's Club, looked at the magazines they have for 30% off. But I left them in the rack. The magazines have gotten so expensive lately, that if they don't have at least 3 or 4 projects I really like, I'd rather just use the ones I have already.

Made my way to the library. It is always so busy in the summer time. I found a parking space, as I thought I might take a few minutes to look around. I often like to look at the quilt books, and even some of the books on tape.

I dropped off my "due" items, and stepped inside the "Friends of the Library" book store. Sometimes I find a treasure here and there. After looking over the books and craft section, I happened upon the magazines. WHOA! This is what I found in the stack........

Ten, count them, ten choice Quilting magazines. There was actually another one there, but it was one that I already had. I scoffed up these little gems for a grand total of $2.50!!! Yep, 25c each!! And they are all newer magazines too. Boy did I ever float out of that library. I did not even go back to look at the books. It felt like I needed to make an escape, lest someone would find out that I had bought them all!

So now I will enjoy looking through all of this eye candy.

Hope your day was as profitable :-)

21 comments:

Donnelly said...

I love unexpected treasures like that. Happiness!
Have a great day.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Wow! Our library also has an area where you can buy magazines and catalogs for a dime each. I have gotten a LOT of great mags that way, but you have to be QUICK or the best ones are gone...I had years of Taste of Home from there!!! But I bet it's really rare to get quilting magazines...

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

JACKPOT...well I should say soo. Congrats. Why does stuff like this never happen to me.

Pat

B. said...

Okay so jelious about this find! Take pictures of all the good projects for everoyne else!

Molly said...

Heck on the lottery--you struck a gold mine!! Great for you, have a good evening with your feet propped up and a bowl of popcorn while you read through them. Take care.

Kim said...

This is such a nice find. I wish my library had a book sale room as so many other town libraries offer. Happy browsing your treasures.

Helen said...

Wow, what a find, indeed! Have lots of fun with them. I just love having them by my chair and browsing.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

I'd love a sales room like that! I bet you flew out of there so fast your feet never touched the ground. Big Smiles here!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Wow, that was a great deal. Don't you just love it when something like that happens? I am happy for you. Nothing like sitting and looking at Quilt magazines to give you a little R&R.

blushing rose said...

Oh, groan! The price we pay for these magazines. 25 cents!! ... what a steal, lady bug!! TTFN~ Marydon

Tammy said...

WOW! What a great find! Congrats!
I too love the sale room at the library and am thankful for it... I have quite the addiction to quilting magazines and buying them at the library leaves more room in the budget for fabric :D

Cathy said...

What a fabulous find! I am like you with not buying magazines as much either. Enjoy reading them all.
Cathy

Susan said...

I'll say you hit the jackpot...what a find!

Julia said...

What a treasure trove! I have been boycotting my local library for reasons that go back 7 years. So, Ok it's time to get over it and just go back. I'm sure they haven't noticed my absecse because I only went there twice anyway, swhen we first moved back to this little town. I usse the library in the town 15 miles down the road instead. Now isn't that silly when the local one is 5 minutes from my house? I don't think they have any books or mags to sell, but I source could be getting a better selection of books than Walmart has, and I could read them for free. Ok, I've convinced myself to go back as soon as I can drive again after my foot heals from this surgery!

Crispy said...

I would have been the person that saw the magazines, didn't buy them but changed my mind about the time you walked out the door with them LOL.

Crispy

Danielle said...

Great score!

Rhonda said...

Wonderful!!! It is such a great feeling to find something that,to us,is a treasure.
Happy reading and crafting.

Darlene said...

Incredible treasure where you'd least expect it. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

What a great find and such a bargain, I'm sure you're still soaking up the contents.

Micki said...

That's wonderful! I have found magazines like that at our local library.
Enjoy them all!
Micki

AverettLadyNana said...

That's a wonderful Jackpot you came across at the library!! Congratulations!!!