Thursday, August 20, 2009

As it turns out

My plans had been to visit a couple of quilt stores that I found online while my dear hubby was at his meetings. Well, of course the best laid plans just went poof when the curb slipped out from under my foot. But my dear sweet hubby did not want me to miss out on at least one quilt shop visit.

So on Saturday afternoon we piled into the car and headed to this place........

Such a cute little quilt shop in Jackson Georgia. I was able to hobble around and at least look at the lovely fabrics.

My ds took a couple of pictures while he patiently waited for Mom to hobble around the little rooms.
Now one thing that I did NOT expect to find in this little quilt shop in this little town was this -

The owner of the shop asked me if I had ever seen the Irish Quilting magazine before. I told her no, but I had heard about it recently. She just went on and on about what a lovely magazine it was. And you know what? My dear sweet hubby bought one for me :-)

And here it is, in black and white and living color, the article about blogging,

with our very own Micki and Kim and Katherine.......... woo hoo! What fun it was to read all about the blogging world that has been such a gateway to meeting all of you!

Have a happy quilting day!

17 comments:

Jeanne Oliver said...

So sorry about your accident....I hope you are feeling better. I had never heard of that magazine. So glad that you found it and that it is a source of inspiration.

Cindy said...

Never heard about this magazine - but what quilter doesn't love another magazine about their passion?

SewCalGal said...

What a delightful quilt store. And how exciting to have your hubby buy you a copy of that magazine and find it included articles about Micki, Kim & Katherine. Maybe I can track down a copy of this magazine in my area.
Thanks for sharing.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I hope you are doing better!!!! Tis no fun to have to depend on others, huh? You have a sweet family to be so helpful to you.

Have never heard of that magazine, but I am sure it is fabulous!!

xx
becky

Colleen said...

I am new to this site so I really have enjoyed reading your post today. Sorry about your fall, I fell in June down 4 concrete steps off my own porch!!! Hit back of my head on sidewalk and had a bad concussion - what a waste of my valuable quilting time!!! I am also blessed with a sweet husband who will always find the place I want to go for quilting, etc. I dont complain about his golfing so he reciprocates with indulging me in my hobbies. I think I am really going to enjoy this blogging!!!

Crispy said...

What a wonderful sweetheart you have. When we were in town yesterday, mine asked if I needed to stop at my favorite LQS, when I said no, he let out a big sigh of relief LOL.

Crispy

Rebecca Nelson said...

Wow...this was GREAT! And soooooo our feet are lead to the right path...

What a sweetie you have to buy the Mag for you!

xoRebecca

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

You were practically in my backyard...I wish I would have known I would have come to see you.

Pat

Dena said...

Glad to hear you're getting around a bit. You're lucky to have two men in your lives who acknowlege your love of sewing/quilting. Your magazine find sounds wonderful. I'm going to have to take a look in my LQS's to see if they carry it too.

Pat said...

Sorry to hear of your mishap. How are you doing now?

Allie said...

I'm so glad you got out to at least one quilt shop - and what a prize you got! I'll have to check my LQS.

Loralynn said...

So nice you were able to go to at least one shop! Kuddo's to your hubby!

Val said...

I am sitting here in a hotel room catching up on blogs. I am glad that you got to get out even if you did have to hobble! Hope you are better soon.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Oh no! You fell? Yikes! take care of yourself, alright? Glad you were still able to check out the quilt shop. Very glad that your DH bought you that issue of Irish Quilting, especially since my blog is mentioned in it along with Micki and Kim.

Unknown said...

the Irish Magazine where Micki was posted was so exciting for her...imagine! And here you are in the States and find the article! How cool.
My sweetie does that too. He sits and reads while I shop for fabric. I love him for that.
So patient. Didn't take long at Fabricland this week though....junkie stuff.

julia said...

That was really sweet of your husband to care about you passion of quilting enough to take you to this shop. I don't think mine gets it!!! Great find on the magazine. Where in the state is Jackson GA?

Becky said...

I visited this shop for the first time this Summer. It's a great place for older fabric lines. I have photos to post and blog about, too.