Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The final Teacup Tuesday

Today is the final Teacup Tuesday, hosted by Kim of Shabby, Pink and Pretty. Wow, there have been so many beautiful teacups that have swept across my screen. I know there are many more, but for today I'd like to share about a shelf that holds a few of my teacups.

This shelf holds several very special teacups in my collection. I'll share a few with you.


The yellow rose one is so lovely, even though the cup handle is broken off. The handle is inside the cup and one day I will get around to fixing it.

The cups and the plates are different patterns, but they seem to compliment each other.

This shelf and china holds a place in my heart because it belonged to my very BFF. She was an avid collector of anything tea related. She especially loved English bone china, and enjoyed finding some very pretty pieces. We had been best friends for 20 years. She was the type of friend who always had a smile and loved unconditionally.She was never too busy to spend a little time with you. On September 26, 2004, during one of the wildest hurricane seasons that Florida has experienced, my very dear friend rode the wave of Hurricane Jeanne into the arms of Jesus.

"In my book of memories there is a pressed flower that fills a page
With gentle fragrance lingering still,
Though it's faded now with age.

The way my friend smiled and laughed,
The many ways she cared,
Are a legacy that she left behind in stories I love to share.

So remember the hearts who've touched your life,
It's what we each are here for.
A pressed Flower gently reminds us
To love and treasure our friendships more."

I miss you Diana........ keep the pot warm.

17 comments:

andsewon said...

Lovely display. So pretty the roses one do all look well together.
Oh how this touched my heart.
I too lost my very dear pal of many years, Brenda, way too soon on 1/6/03. I will read her funny emails sometimes and feel like she is touching me. I have her wonderful cross stitch work hung up in my home.
I like to think she was there to greet Mama and look out for her till I arrive.
Hugs Gal!

Crispy said...

Lovely cups and a lovely sentiment, I too lost my BFF who was also my sister but I still feel her love every day.

Crispy

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Your tea cups are so nice and I like the shelf. It is nice that you have a special memento of your very dear friend. May she rest in peace.

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

Oh, how special! I'm so thankful we can all have good memories to ponder on. Your teacups are beautiful, and I've enjoyed your posts. ; )
~Michele

Mary said...

I'm so glad you have these treasured teacups and shelf, and have them on display in honor of your best friend...so sad that you've lost her company, but certainly not her spirit. That is a beautiful poem, and really touches my heart. There is a special glue just for mending china...I can't remember the name of it, but I got it at Ace Hardward. Even though you might glue it back, I don't think I would pick it up with any liquid inside, just in case, but at least you wouldn't lose the handle.
God bless!
Mary

blushing rose said...

Oh, Jocelyn ~ How sweet your memories & writing of Diana. Your teacups are lovely. The bottom pic bottom plate I have that exact plate, LOVE IT! Hugs, my friend ... TTFN ~Marydon

Terri said...

Jocelyn, what a sweet way to honor your dear friend....sending you gentle hugs as you stroll down memory lane.
I too love tea cups....yours are very pretty.

Barb said...

What a sweet testiment to your friends life...thanks for sharing.

Micki said...

You have lovely memories and what a lovely display of teacups!
Micki

Cindy said...

Sewing hugs and blessings your way while drinking a cup of tea. Beautiful.

Kim said...

What a lovely post Jocelyn and what a dear tribute to your friend Diana. She must be smiling up in heaven knowing that you are enjoying the beauty she left you with both with the pretty teacups and the memories of her friendship. The teacups are just lovely and I especially like the one with the yellow roses. I've never seen one with that bold of a yellow rose pattern before and it is stunning. You'll have to let me know the name of that pattern so I can start searching for one myself. It would fit in perfectly with my collection of yellow which I shared in my post over the weekend.

Take care and have a great week!!

Dena said...

Your tea cup display is beautiful. I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. I love my son three years ago and his memory remains in my heart, every day.

Anonymous said...

Jocelyn,

Your teacup sets are soooo pretty. I really like the Roy Kirkhams you have!!!

By the way, I do have a quilt featured in the Oct issue of Quilter's World! :)

Allie said...

Lovely teacups and a touching tribute to your precious friend. (((((((((((hugs)))))))))))

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

How lucky to have such a special friend. Love your teacup display.

Loralynn said...

You were blessed to have such a wonderful friend. Reading your words brought tears to my eyes.

Lady Pamela said...

How terribly sad that you lost such a good friend. Your shelf is a wonderful daily reminder of her.