Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Teacup Tuesday

Kim at Shabby Pink and Pretty, is hosting Teacup Tuesday once again. So many beautiful teacups that have been showcased, by Kim and the other participants. Please be sure to stop by Kim's blog.

So today this is my teacup -

This teacup sits with my collection but it actually belongs to my dear daughter. She bought this teacup on our one and only trip to Canada several years ago.

Isn't the saucer lovely? It is marked "Niagara Falls" Bone China, England on the bottom of the cup and saucer.

It was a wonderful trip, and we all enjoyed visiting Niagara Falls together as a family. This teacup is a sweet little memento of our trip to Canada.

8 comments:

Shirley said...

Beautiful cup and saucer. If you thought Niagara Falls was nice you should visit Quebec City. It's absolutely gorgeous, old buildings, cobblestone streets. I haven't been there in 50 years but my husband has been and says the charm is still there.

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

Such a pretty tea cup. Nice that it is marked Niagara Falls, home territory for me. And it is certainly a better souvenir that a key chain LOL.

Cindy said...

Niagara Fall sis not far from where I grew up!! Hubby and I are both born and raised in Olean, New York, about 60 miles south of Buffalo. Niagara Falls IS beautiful!!!

I'm so enjoying through all your wonderful photos that I so sadly had missed. BUT - playing catchup is such fun.

Kim said...

Happy Teacup Tuesday Jocelyn. Love your teacup. The rose pattern is the same or very similar to one on one of my teacups. I really likethe swirled pattern of the cup as well. Very different.

andsewon said...

Pretty pretty pretty!!!
Nice it has a memory to go along with it.
Lola

Cottage Rose said...

My goodness, you have such pretty tea cups and saucers,,, thanks for sharing them,,, just lovely

Hugs;

Alaura

Crispy said...

Very pretty and delicate looking cup. Isn't it wonderful to have something to always remind us of times with our families?

Crispy

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

Can't resist enjoying a look at a pretty teacup! This one is beautiful. I have one as a memory of Canada too (seems appropriate to buy one in Canada). Thanks for sharing with us. ; )
~Michele