Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mall Quilt!

Mall Quilt!! MALL Quilt??? What is a Mall Quilt, you ask?

Well it is not a quilt that has been ravaged by a bear or anything quite so violent. (That would actually be mauled) Nor does it have anything to do with a game called Pall-Mall.

No this mall is actually a shopping mall, a large retail complex containing a variety of stores, restaurants and other business establishments.

So what exactly is a Mall quilt? Well as I rarely go to the shopping mall anymore, I was surprised to see this on display -


This quilt was so beautifully displayed in the Pottery Barn window. It was a simple quilt, but very striking in color. I peeked into the store and grabbed a closer shot -

I know people must have thought I was a little crazy to be taking a picture of a window display :-)

My daughter and I also browsed through the new Crate and Barrel store and they too had a very bright cheery quilt on display.

Guess the whole world is catching up with Quilting Fever!

13 comments:

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

The quilt is nice. We don't have one of those stores around here. Quilts do seem to be featured quite a bit in some of the better stores now.

Barb said...

Over at "Simply this and that" she was talking about the Pottery Barn and their quilts....so was it of good quality?

Becky said...

OUr mall has a breakables store that we never go in b/c the owner is sour. And doesn't like kids. We tend to get our snowbabies from Hallmark instead. Anyways, he has this huge display window next to his shop that has more than one quilt displayed among the mixture of other things. I stood there and stared for quite awhile the other day (its next to pretzel time as well) and the girls thought I was crazy. They were really pretty! I was really looking to see if he gave credit to the makers, and never found it.

Crispy said...

How well done was the quilting? I've seen quilts in chain stores before but the quilting was really subpar...I call them sweat shop stitches where the more you get done the more you are paid. I'm sorry I'll get off my soap box it just irks me that they call these hand made but I feel they make quilting less for their shoddy work.

Crispy

Dena said...

The quilt looks nice. I'll have to take a trip to the Pottery Barn to see if there are any on display. I'm surprised they allowed you to take pictures. Most stores/malls don't allow pictures to be taken for security.

beth said...

Quilting fever was bound to happen...and it's very hard to get over the "fever" in MY experience. :)

Susan said...

I've noticed all the quilts in the PB catalog too. And I can totally relate to the picture-taking!

Michelle said...

This style of quilt would be a great stash buster.Thanks for stopping by my blog,I enjoyed scrolling through yours.Have a happy day and keep on stitchin!

Unknown said...

I like to look at them and get ideas, but wouldn't buy one as I do think they don't hold together as well as "homemade".
Before I quilted, I bought my granddaughter one from a Potter Barn like kid's studio. It still looks good though.

Allie said...

I don't blame you for taking pics, lol, I can totally relate! That's pretty!

Tammy said...

Pretty quilt and I really like the display.
Thanks for taking the pic and sharing :-)

Darlene said...

The Pottery Barn has shown some sweet quilts in their catalog recently. Beautiful window display!

Poppy Cottage said...

What a pretty quilt! I've noticed PB is using alot of quilts in their catologs and selling them.

There is a mall in NW Arkansas that has alot of quilts hanging under glass in the mall area made by local school children. It's beautiful to see.

Sharon