Friday, August 28, 2009

I get by with a little help from my friends

How wonderful it has been to meet and make new friends here in blog land! When I started this blogging journey, I just had no idea what kind and generous people I would meet.

Today I received in the mail a very lovely surprise.


My friend Marydon over at Feedsack Fantasy sent me a little gift. She's been so sweet to me in the past, and knowing that I was kind of laid up with a sprained foot, she sent some bloggy love.

I am so excited to read the book "a Day with a Perfect Stranger". I've heard about this one, but have not read it yet. And some delish gourmet coffee (Candy Cane!!) to sip while I read. THE most adorable Vintage Button Greeting Cards and a very fragrant sachet. Marydon, I could smell this package when my son brought in the mail. Thank you Marydon for being such a sweet bloggy sister.

Also in the mail was a very sweet thank you note from Ronit of Two Hippos for my small contribution for the Miracle Foundation quilts she has been commissioned to make. She also sent me a little bit of textile love, which I appreciated.

And yesterday, I received from Kim a box of her scraps!!! Wow, how much fun it has been to go through her "so called" scraps. She has been most generous.

So I now have a book to read, and some fabrics to sort. It has been so hard to "not" do things that I really want and need to do. But having a little help from my friends certainly makes the process go a little easier.

Thanks ya'll!

Have a wonder filled day :-)

18 comments:

Barb said...

Wow, you made off like a bandit....hope your foot gets better.

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

It is so nice to have friends. I am so glad you have some new things to keep you busy while your foot finishes healing.....hurry and get well soon, we want to see what you do with all that fabric.

Shirley said...

Looks like you have lots to do while you rest up that foot of yours. What wonderful friends you have.

Anonymous said...

My goodness, Jocelyn - it's like Christmas at your end! :)

Have a blessed weekend.

Katy said...

How exciting for all the goodies! Way to go!!

Micki said...

What lovely gifts! Have fun with them and get better soon!
Micki

Diva Kreszl said...

How lovely that your friends are looking after you! I often read about these little random acts of gift giving here in blogland and have wondered 'How do they know that person's mailing address?'It's definitely something I would enjoy doing for someone...so how did they find out where to mail your goodies???

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Great things arrived in your mail! Enjoy!

Jennwith4 said...

How lovely! I love things coming in the mail!

Allie said...

What sweet blessings - that will help the time pass until you are well again!

LV said...

I hate you broke your foot, but seems you were treated very nicely. Glad you had such a nice outpouring from friends. Thanks for feeling like leaving me a comment. Try again next Tuesday, 9-1.

Val said...

I just love goodies in the mail! Hope you feel better soon.

Mary said...

How sweet...what a wonderful surprise! Yes, blogging friends are the best...I started because of decor and tea, but have found that the people you meet are the real reason we do this!

God bless!

Mary

Crispy said...

What wonderful little surprises from some wonderful friends!!!

Crispy

Tammy said...

Great gifts from thoughtful friends!
Feel better soon :-)

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

What an amazing mail week!! Hope your foot has improved soon:)

Nat Palaskas said...

Lucky you! I agreed with you on how generous people are here on blogland. I called them my virtual friends, but they must be real because they send of pressies!!! Enjoy your gifts and hope you are feeling better - Hugs Natima

Khris said...

ohhh some lovely goodies there Jocelyn....lucky you...and lucky me because I got your lovely gooedies...thank you my bloggie friend..hugs Khris