Thursday, August 27, 2009

Quilter's World

Don't you just get so excited when you see that new quilting magazine in your mailbox? Looking for lots of ideas and inspiration.

Well today I received my October copy of "Quilter's World", and I was not disappointed.

And isn't it even more fun when there are quilt projects published by some of the very bloggers that we visit with every day??

I saw this quilt on Cottage Quilts Designs blog yesterday. I always like to read her blog, because I think we are quilting cousins (she's Cottage Quilts, and I'm Happy Cottage Quilter ;-) Anyway, when I got the magazine, I immediately went looking for this quilt. And is it a beauty.

AND then on page 87, there was this little beauty....

Now Wendy Sheppard is the sweetest gal around. She has visited my humble little blog and left the kindest comments. Her blog is Ivory Spring. Don't you just love that name? So refreshing and full of light. And please take a look at Wendy's incredible quilting here.

Okay so now I must sit down and put my foot up, sip on a glass of cold ice tea with a slice of lemon, and finish perusing all the wonderful fall projects in my latest magazine.

Enjoy your day and happy quilting!

19 comments:

luv2quilt2 said...

I can't wait to check my mailbox.

Barb said...

Yes, love that magazine and all other that come in the mail....

Shirley said...

I have to admit I browse that one at the magazine rack. I might just have to pick it up. I love the Quilters Cottage Design quilt. I'm thinking Fall now. I have a subscription to Homespun Magazine (it's Australian) and it's about all I can afford in a year.

Ann-Christin said...

I love the Quilt world magazine!

Ann-Christin in Sweden

http://ann-christin.zoomin.se/

Tammy said...

A quilting magazine and tea, sounds perfect!
Thanks for sharing the links :-)

Anonymous said...

How fun that must be to see the quilt of one of your bloggy pals.
I am so looking forward to fall, just like you!

Crispy said...

It's so much fun to "know" some of the designers. I don't buy magazines, they never have anything geared towards those that do nothing but hand work and love little blocks LOL.

Crispy

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I looked at Wedny's site, I wonder if you got your magazine before she got hers? I will have to look for that one on the newstand. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Jocelyn,

Thank you for the kind words!!! I am blushing now, hehehe.

I am still waiting for mine to come in... it should be any day now!!!! Mine is coming with the sample quilt - I guess that's why it's taking a little longer.

Have a lovely evening.

Dena said...

Like you, I love when I have new magazines in the mailbox. I always find tons of inspiration and new projects for each one. The problem is, my collection of 'future projects' is overflowing! LOL

Jennwith4 said...

I love getting anything (but bills) in the mailbox with my name on it! lol I haven't subscribed to any quilting magazines but I pick one up occasionally at our local supermarket. I'll have to pick another one up soon.

Zlaty said...

The projects in the magazine look lovery and very inspiring!

I hope your foot gets better soon!

Zlaty

LV said...

Loved your post. Anything that has to do with quilts, I truly enjoy. I have several and still want all I see. I do not make them tho. Glad you left a comment and come anytime. In fact, drop by Tuesday, 9-1.

Mary said...

Again, I'm inspired to get started on a quilt. I have so many wonderful books with great patterns, but it seems I just dream about them rather than make them! I made an irish chain full size bed top that still needs to be quilted...I made it for my granddaughter's room when she wanted lavender and yellow...then she changed to pink! Maybe I'll use it as a tablecloth...nah! Great magazine!

Mary

Days and colors said...

Thanks for sharing the links, that quilt is stunning, Wendy's quilt is marvellous! It was so nice to read your comment! Have a lovely weekend!

Nat Palaskas said...

Thank for sharing the links and magazine. I agreed with you about Wendy. She is a fantastic quilter. I visited her blog often. I love her apple quilt!

andsewon said...

I am on a mag diet, well unless find them cheap at sales and thrifts..and those I do not need either... ha!
I adore a new mag and a nice cup of tea to spend the afternoon with.
Hope that foot is better!

Nicole said...

Thanks for the links! I must go check out the blogs right away.

Allie said...

Nice magazine!!!!!